I can’t resist posting these photos from domino magazine online.
- eggplant Small purple-striped or pure white varieties both have lilac blooms.
- tomatillo This relative of the Mexican tomato produces husks like little paper lanterns.
- swiss chard The ‘Bright Lights’ variety yields neon-colored stalks in yellow, hot pink and red.
- lemon cucumber A decorative, pale-yellow cuke with a sweet mild flavor.
- okra Fuzzy, little pods follow large flowers that resemble hibiscus.
- currant tomatoes Prolific fruits look like clusters of vibrant ½” beads.
• pale-green lettuce and dark Italian kale
I still have lots of pots from when we were living in an apartment. I should grow stuff in pots for my lunch, so i won’t need to go trampling through the veggie patch.